Sometimes a single phrase says it all. Here are some of my favorite mottos and quotes concerning change.
The Rest of the Story:
Poetry is, in my opinion, one of the highest literary arts. Generally speaking, poetry conveys a great deal with very few words. Under that specific criterion, the haiku might be one of the highest forms of poetry.
I won’t claim to be a poet. Nor will I claim to be a quotable genius, or even quotable. However, when trying to convey fundamental ideas in very short moments of time, I have found myself using the same phrases over and over because they convey a message in an instant.
Here are some of my favorite things to say regarding the subject of change. Any one of these could be a post unto itself, in fact some of them have been. I offer them up to my audience for its consideration or comment.
- Change is a process, not an event (Also, learning is a process, not an event)
- Change according to plan is progress, change without a plan is chaos
- Don’t let the quest for perfection get in the way of delivering good enough
- Change is like removing a band-aid; you can peel it off slowly, a little at a time, or you can rip it off all at once. It’s just a matter of how you like to take your pain.
- “Vision without action is a daydream; action without vision is a nightmare.” - Japanese Proverb
- Change has two parts; a From, and a To. Don’t start to change before you know what each of those parts is.
- Don’t change unless there is a reason to do so
- Change necessitates learning. Learning inspires change.
- Change is necessary. Smart change comes with a plan.
Please feel free to comment and add your own. In the mean time, I hope that one or more of the ideas above prove useful.
Stay wise, friends.
Change always happens...which always makes a difference to someone.ReplyDelete